Pu-erh is the wine of the tea world: earthy, strong, and complex. Infuse the same tea leaves again and again to emit dark flavors of cedar forests, tobacco, bittersweet chocolate, and espresso. An epicurean experience favored by coffee drinkers and wine connoisseurs.
Participants in the 3-day tour will get to meet the community of dedicated tea artisans in Hawaii, and:
- Participate in the harvesting, processing, and tasting of teas,
- Learn about the cultivation of tea, and how Hawaii’s pristine environment enables rare teas to flourish,
- Enjoy accommodations within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park amidst a stunning array of native forest, wildlife and cultural treasures,
- Delight in exotic and special tea-infused meals prepared by tea-loving culinary artists,
- Immerse the senses in nature and wellness activities,
- And much more!
Below are some photos of tea farmers Eva and Chiu, during one of Jesse’s tea trips to Hawaii: