The cloud white color of this traditional gaiwan (Chinese “covered cup”) contrasts starkly with the vivid color of your tea – deep gold, pale green, pitch black. Good tea starts with exploring the leaves and asking yourself, “What do I see? What shape, size, and color are the leaves? What color is the infusion?” This cup supports you in your tea appreciation journey.
Not for the faint of heart, the gaiwan takes some getting used to to master. But it’s not hard. No harder than chopsticks. And, it’s one of the most traditional tools for steeping perfect Jasmine Pearl, oolong, or puerh. For any tea you brew more than once, this device has you covered.
Balance is key with this cup, the lid sitting tightly over the cup, allowing for one finger control to open it for pouring or sipping straight from the side. One handed operation is key for a nice gaiwan. Finally, the perfect size and extreme durability make this the final piece for your tea cabinet.
- Traditional gaiwan, personal size
- Perfect size for small hands and large
- Lid fits cup interior perfectly to steep tea traditionally
- Re-steep your brew 5+ times
- Sip directly from the gaiwan, or pour off into wabi sabi teacups
- Blemishless, clear white ceramic for stain-free, aroma-free steeps every time
- 4 oz pour size
- Fluted opening channels aroma for scent appreciation
- Dishwasher safe
Pairs perfectly with the following Samovar gear
- Pressed Wood Tray
- Perfect for steeping multiple infusion teas (pu-erh, oolong, and our white and black tea)