Hawaii-Grown Tea: An Interview with Tea Grower and Processor Eva Lee
Meet the tea farmer! Join Samovar Tea Lounge’s Jesse Jacobs as he talks with Hawaii Tea grower and producer Eva Lee.
Erick Gets a Taste of Hawaii-Grown Tea
Join Samovar Tea Lounge operations manager, Erick Xicum as he travels to Hawaii Island, Hawaii to check out the tea gardens blooming there.
Hawaii-Grown Tea Comes to Samovar and the USA
In this video:
For the fist time in the continental U.S.: Hand-Picked, Artisan, Whole-leaf tea grown in America.
Hawaii-Grown Oolong Tea: Semi Oxidized Tea
Hawaii-Grown Black Tea: Fully-Oxidized
Only 15 pounds of each tea is available through Samovar Tea Lounge.
Jesse demonstrates the unique Brewing Technique for these teas.
Quantity: Steep 2-3 heaping tablespoons of tea in 14 oz.- 16oz of water
Water Temperature: 195 degrees Fahrenheit
Steep Time: 2-5 minutes (depending on strength desired)
Leave the leaves in the pot
American tea pioneer David Lee Hoffman discusses puerh, the Slow Food tea movement, and the benefits of organic, handcrafted family-made tea.
– Living with tea kings, learning to taste fine tea
– How To: Artisan tea crafting and family operations, and secrets
– Making American Handcrafted Puerhs
– Slow Food and the Fair Trade movement and tea
– Culinary pleasures of tea and living slowly
– Tea as an affordable path to world peace
Ayumi Kinezuka visits us from Japan to talk about her organic tea farm in Shizuoka, and the challenges facing small artisan Japanese tea farmers today.
– Meet the family: an entire production from a small family operation
– Where are today’s generation of organic tea farmers? Challenges with aging tea farmers means fewer farmers making high-grade Japanese green tea
– Big beverage companies offering bottled green tea replaces Slow Tea
– Big business lacks microenvironment knowledge to manage small organic farms
– How can a consumer make a difference
Winnie Wu, owner of the Bay Area famed Teance, tastes Phoenix Oolong and talks about the evolution of tea in America and China and the cultural benefits to all.
– Tasting Phoenix Oolong, artisan, hand made Chinese tea
– The Teance tea bar: tasting tea at the tasting table
– Changing tea cultures in Asia: from artisan tea to tea bags
– Future of tea in America
– Physiological benefits of tea
– Why we are embracing tea culture today
Mostaffa and Omar brew traditional Moroccan tea and espouse on the harmonizing effects of Moroccan tea, Moroccan culture , and food- for all to embrace.
– How to make traditional Moroccan tea
– A gathering of family and friends around the Moroccan tea table
– Moroccan tea culture and the growing American tea culture
– The diverse ethnicities of Morocco and the unifying effect of tea
Teas in this video…Moorish Mint
Taste tea, eat food, meet American tea-icon Karter Louis and learn about tea pairing principles.
– How to pair tea and food: basic harmonies and balancing flavors
– One tea leaf connects cultures and makes peace