Handmade in the SF Bay Area by master potter Kiyomi Koide, this entirely unique, entirely lovely ceramic mug will warm its way into your heart.
Simmer your morning chai, brew your Earl grey, or just drink your water. No matter what you drink it will taste better in this mug. With cinnamon and cardamom wafting through your kitchen this mug will be the first thing you reach for after brewing your morning tea, brightening your mood. You will love the function and form of this perfect tea mug.
We all need that one special mug. And this chai mug is perfect.
Like a well worn leather glove, the handle fits perfectly in your hand as it protects you from the heat of your tea. The top is glazed with a satiny-smooth matte finish in striking contrast to the rough, tactile bottom. Smooth and rough, light and dark. Opposites attract and come together in this singular tea mug.
One hand holds the handle, the other caresses the rough, round bottom of the cup. The aroma swirls and concentrates in the slightly fluted upper lip, engulfing your senses and lifting your mood with the wisps of drifting steam.
We put these mugs through trial by fire in our teahouse cafes and restaurants and they have stood the test of time. Rugged enough for commercial use, but elegant enough to serve your most special guests.
Steep your tea with our Vivid Brewpot and then decant, pouring out the entire infusion into this mug for a perfect brew.
Dishwasher safe and graceful, this mug will last in your kitchen for years. Durable and beautiful, it will proudly enhance your morning tea ritual.
- Every cup is handmade and 1 of a kind, natural variations occur in each piece
- Side handle fits perfectly all hand sizes
- Off-white/grey with flecks of sandy brown
- Each mug tapers slightly closed at the top, to contain heat and keep your brew warm.
- Cup bottom unglazed, red-clay color
- Keeps tea warm and hands cool
- Fits a 12 ounce pour of tea (from the Vivid teapot)
- Dishwasher safe
- Durable and sturdy, elegant and clean