At the crossroads of 18th and Sanchez Streets, between the Castro and the Mission, our original location hosts a separate private room for up to 15 friends, family, or coworkers. Or, for a party up to 10 guests, you can reserve the platform.
Guidelines for Hosting Your Event
If you have a group of friends or family and you want to create a really special experience, let us arrange a private event for you. Below are the guidelines for setting up an event for Bridal Showers, Office Parties, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Corporate Receptions, and more. If you have additional questions, please email us at [email protected] s a m o v a r l i f e. c o m
Please review the following guidelines and then email us at [email protected] s a m o v a r l i f e. c o m to discuss the details.
1. What is the date and time of your event?
– Peak Time: 12 noon to 8pm, every day.
– Off Peak Time: 10am – 12 noon, 8pm – 10pm, every day
2. How many guests do you plan to invite?
– For events with 2 to 25 guests, we hold your event during our normal business day, and the space is shared with our other customers.
– For events with over 25 guests, we close down our business just for you, and your party has the entire tea lounge available and dedicated to your event.
3. What would you like to eat and drink?
– We work closely with you to create a menu that is special and that meets your group’s needs (vegan, vegetarian, etc.)
– Either brunch items or non-brunch items can be chosen, depending on the time of day of your event.
– Select the type of tea service from our menu for your group. You can choose several different styles and enjoy sharing.
4. What is your budget?
– $60 per person, including tax and gratuity reservation fee.
– Events in which we close down our entire facility for your event are beautiful, delicious, and really memorable. For pricing information, please contact us to discuss the details.
– Appetizers, dessert, and additional tea are not included in the pricing above. Depending on quantity and specifics, prices for these items will vary. Please ask!
5. Where would you like to have your event? @ Samovar Castro-Mission, you have three options
Private Dining Room
Host up to 15 guests in our private dining room.
Elevated Kuan Yin Platform with Sheer Privacy Curtain
Host up to 10 guests on our elevated platform, alongside our statue of Kuan Yin, the Buddha of Compassion. A sheer privacy curtain provides intimacy for your party.
The Entire Tea Lounge
For up to 75 Guests, enjoy the entire tea lounge! For pricing information, please email us at [email protected] s a m o v a r l i f e. c o m.