Make a tea lemonade
Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade chills the palette and calms the mind. It’s one of the best-sellers at our Tea Lounges, but for years we’ve held the recipe as a closely-guarded secret. Take a look as we lay bare our coveted Iced Tea recipe.
Fresh and uplifting, the floral notes of real jasmine flowers and clear, bright flavor of our organic green tea adds sophistication to this humble summer drink. Serve this at your mother’s day tea party or add your favorite liquor to turn it into a cocktail.
JASMINE GREEN TEA LEMONADE RECIPE
- Bring 16 cups (1 gallon) of water to a boil and let it sit for 10 minutes until the water cools to about 190 degrees F.
- Stir in ¾ cup raw sugar and ½ cup Samovar Organic Jasmine Green Tea.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the tea leaves, pouring the tea into a one gallon pitcher filled ¼ full with ice.
- Stir until the ice melts, then add 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve with with ice in the Vivid Brewpot or the Tall Vivid Brewpot, and garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lemon.
HOW TO MAKE COLD-BREWED TEAS
Cold-brewing tea is easy and the resulting flavor and aroma is complex and nuanced. All teas taste great cold-brewed, but we recommend you try an oolong for a truly exquisite iced tea experience. Here’s how we do it:
1. In a Vivid Brewpot, add double the normal amount of tea, typically 2-3 TBS.
2. For herbals only: fill with boiling water, let steep for approximately 10 seconds and immediately decant.
3. Fill with cold, filtered water.
4. Store in the refrigerator for 4-10 hours. We like to brew at night and enjoy the following day. Longer time extracts stronger flavor and more caffeine.
5. Decant into your ice-filled drinking vessel.
Make a tea cocktail
For a delicious and yet simple cocktail you can infuse vodka with your tea of choice. Our favorites are California Persian, Earl Grey, Tart Peach or Jasmine Green for a floral burst. This cold-brew infusion of vodka and your choice of tea makes an amazing vodka tonic drink that brings out the unique flavor notes of the tea.
HERE IS THE RECIPE TO OUR DELICIOUS COCKTAIL:
- Pour 1 liter of the highest quality vodka you can find over 4 tablespoons of the tea leaves
- Steep in the refrigerator 8-12 hours.
- Strain out the leaves.
- Pour 1 ounce over ice in a cocktail glass, and add 2 ounces of tonic water.
Pair your mum's favorite tea with chocolate
What could be better than heartwarming tea paired with a delicious chocolate? Like quality tea, quality chocolate is simple luxury and pairing them together can totally change your tasting experience.
Experience how the taste of the chocolate accompanies and enriches the taste of the tea. There are loads of possible combinations so if you need some suggestions, we have you covered. Click here for some perfect matches of tea and chocolate!