We are open…
Sunday – Wednesday: 10am – 8 pm
Thursday – Saturday: 10am – 9 pm
Phone: (415) 227-9400
Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, above the waterfall on the Upper Terrace in the Yerba Buena Gardens.
730 Howard Street (between 3rd and 4th Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94103
For Directions to Samovar, Please use Get Directions Link in the map below:
Directions on foot from Union Square
1. Walk South towards 4th St, to Mission St. (2 minutes)
2. Take a left on Mission St, and walk East to the entrance to the Yerba Buena Gardens (2 minutes)
3. Take a right into the Gardens, and follow the path which parallels the Sony Metreon.
4. Walk up the stairs to the upper terrace, above the Martin Luther King waterfall, and come on in!
1. Street Parking:
Street parking is metered with a two-hour limit.
After 6 p.m. there is no need to plug the meter.
Always check for and carefully read the parking restrictions posted along the surrounding blocks. Most streets have street cleaning from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
2. Moscone Center Garage
255 Third Street (between Folsom and Howard Streets)
Open 6 AM to 11:30 PM Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday
3. 5th & Mission Yerba Buena Gardens Garage
833 Mission Street (between 4th and 5th Streets)
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
Please park your bike on one of the bike racks that have been installed around the perimeter of Yerba Buena Gardens
(There is one at the garden enterance on Mission St. between 3rd St. and 4th St.)
Unfortunately, if you lock your bike to a random pole or railing within the garden, it may be cited or removed by Yerba Buena Gardens management.
MUNI / BART
1. Take either MUNI or BART to the “Powell Street” station, and exit onto Market Street.
2. Walk South on 4th St, one block to Mission St. (1 minute)
3. Take a left on Mission St, and walk 1/2 block East to the entrance to the Yerba Buena Gardens (1 minute)
4. Take a right into the Gardens, and follow the path which parallels the Sony Metreon.
5. Walk up the stairs to the upper terrace, above the Martin Luther King Waterfall, and come on in!
Samovar’s Reservation Policy
Samovar is a walk-in only establishment, so we are unable to take reservations ahead of time. Parties of 2-4 are usually very easy to accommodate at any time. For parties of 6 or more, you are welcome to call ahead 20 minutes in advance to see if we can accommodate your group at that time.
If you would like to ensure seating for a large group, we also offer meal reservation packages which include a reserved table, meal, and teas for everyone in the party. This special reservation is available for $60 per person. You can pre-select food and tea from our menu to have them specially prepared in family-style platters. For more information, please email [email protected] s a m o v a r l i f e. c o m .