Our Organic Masala Chai has people from all over the Bay Area coming to the Lounges for that cozy, creamy, and dreamy experience. Our secret Masala Chai blend was created from a combination of several collected family recipes from across India.We use only organic whole spices and organic, whole-leaf black tea. The resulting drink is a perfect and flavorful balance of spice and tea… and totally addictive.
Here’s how to make the perfect, creamy, steamy cup of Chai:
- Bring 2 cups water to a rolling boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons sweetener (we like our Balinese Samovar Sweet Crystals because they’re healthy and good for the environment).
- When sweetener is dissolved in boiling water, add 2 tablespoons Masala Chai + 1–2 tablespoons of your favorite black tea (add more black tea for more caffeine kick).
- Boil together for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup whole milk (or milk substitute). Bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat immediately (before it boils over).
- Steep covered for 5 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy!
- Tastes great hot, or, chilled. Serves 2.