Since 2002, we have operated Samovar with a single goal: bringing people together over tea.
Just as many of you have been adjusting your routines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), so has our team here at Samovar. Over the past couple weeks, we’ve reviewed and enhanced our practices to continue serving delicious food and tea while keeping the health of our customers and staff as a top priority—all in accordance with the CDC’s guidelines.
Practically, that means implementing increased health and safety measures at each of our locations. Some of the enhancements include:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers for you and our staff located at all registers.
- Increased frequency of mandatory hand-washing and ensuring adequate wash time.
- Daily deep-cleaning and sanitizing.
- A continued use of the elbow-bump in greeting (instead of handshakes or high-fives).
- Temporarily pausing use of personal to-go cups.
We’re proud of our team for enthusiastically adopting all of our increased health measures.
Our Valencia St. and Fillmore St. cafes are operating with standard hours. Samovar Yerba Buena Gardens has slightly adapted hours (due to Moscone Center schedule changes). We’ll be posting updates on Twitter and Instagram.
If you’re currently working from home, but craving a healthy Samovar meal or mug of tea (chai, matcha latte, boba, …), you can order ahead for pickup or delivery from any of our locations with Caviar, Doordash, Grubhub, Postmates, and Uber Eats.
Our online shop features a broad selection of tea and teaware to help keep you energized, healthy, and hydrated.
Putting nutritious, clean fuel into your body is essential for your overall health. With that in mind we’ve had quite a few customers asking which teas we recommend for health & wellness. Packed with antioxidants and immune boosters, Ryokucha, Matcha, and Turmeric Spice are great choices.
Best wishes in these unusual times.
Pepper, Samovar Tea Ambassador
P.S. If you’re looking for insightful news and information about the coronavirus, you might appreciate the articles below; and please feel free to share your favorite resources!
- 9 Charts That Explain The Coronavirus Pandemic
- How Soap Absolutely Annihilates The Coronavirus
- Want to do something about the Coronavirus? Here are 5 ideas.
- The Vox Guide to Covid-19 Coronavirus