Now you can become a tea master while you enjoy our favorite handcrafted teas.
For thousands of years people have benefited from the energy, mental clarity and healing qualities of tea—and in our hyper-connected world we need tea more than ever. Tea reminds us to slow down, provides mental focus, stimulates creativity, increases metabolism and is full of natural cancer-fighting antioxidants. Tea tastes delicious and is a great alternative to coffee and alcohol. Plus, it gives us a great ritual to enjoy with our family and friends.
But the world of tea can be overwhelming. How do you know if your’re drinking top-quality tea? What about brewing it just right? And what about all the varieties of tea and tea ware to choose from?
After more than 10 years in the tea business I’m excited to introduce The Samovar Tea Lounge Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Tea, a series of educational videos where I cover everything you need to get into tea, plus a whole bunch of our favorite brews delivered straight to your door.
My blogger-buddy Leo, founder of the highly-esteemed zenhabits.net, and I drink tea and talk shop, diving into the details of what makes tea so amazing. In fifteen 10-minute episodes we discuss everything from caffeine, to brewing technique, to the basics of White, Green, Oolong, Black, Herbal and Puerh tea. From the health and productivity benefits of tea, to brewing instructions, tea tasting instructions and more, in each episode we chat about all things tea and aim to teach you everything you need to dive into this amazing world.
If you’ve visited us in San Francisco you know that we love teaching, and that tea is such a rich, deep world that it can be overwhelming. This guide is the answer. Educational, informative, fun, and inspiring, we drink and teach and make learning about tea a blast. And, you get a whole bunch of tea delivered straight from us to you.
Just make one decision—small, medium or large—and you’ll have everything you need to immerse yourself in the rewarding world of tea. Instructional videos, handcrafted teas, even our Samovar Brewing Basket—The Samovar Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Tea has everything you need.
Boil some water and and get ready to enjoy tea at a whole new level.
Here’s What You’ll Get
- 15 instructional tea videos that you can watch at your own pace, anytime, from your computer or mobile device
- Up to 60% off our handcrafted teas and herbal infusions
- Ingredients sourced from small family farms around the world
- The Samovar Brew Basket—brew great-tasting tea anywhere
- Instructions to brew the perfect cup of tea
- Knowledge of the benefits to body, mind and spirit
- Instruction in tasting tea like a wine sommelier
- Our secret techniques to quickly and easily identify top-quality teas
- Knowledge of Black, Oolong, White, Green, Pu-erh and Herbals
- Which teas are best when aged, which to drink fresh, which benefit from milk and sweetener, and must be taken straight
- How to brew and taste the elusive Gyokuro, the shade grown Japanese green tea that we sell for $100 a pot in the lounges
- Tea lore including the truth about black tea and when to throw out white tea
- Plus much more!
FREE Episode: How To Taste Tea The Samovar Way
How Would You Like To Get Started?
When you start drinking tea there are a lot of varieties to choose from. After serving more than 5 million cups of tea at our Lounges we’ve learned a thing or two about which teas are best. Just choose small, medium, or large and we’ll a box of our top picks and ship them direct to your door—in addition to the videos which you’ll get right away.