Tea with Tony Hsieh: Jasmine Pearl, Blood Orange Puerh
If you own a pair of shoes, sneakers, or sandals you probably know about Zappos.com. Or, if you read the great book Delivering Happiness, then you also know Zappos.com. In this episode I meet with Tony Hsieh, CEO of this amazing company that offers so much more than just shoes. We aren’t at Samovar in this episode, so there’s no tea. However, if we were drinking tea, I would have brewed Blood Orange Puerh for Tony, and Jasmine Pearl for me. Tony is a really inspiring guy, so listen to his insights on what makes Zappos so special, and what it means to be happy at work, and in life.
Note: the video is edited down to 10 minutes, but you can listen to the full 30 minute audio interview on iTunes.
- Zappos is actually not a shoe company, it’s a culture company
- Making the switch to an inspired calling
- The Zappos brand is amazing customer service
- Having core values company values isn’t lofty. It’s just practical
- People actually don’t know what makes them happy
- Applying happiness to the workplace. how to do it?
- Business is the most powerful tool for social change
About Samovar Stories
Tea brings people together, and Samovar brings people to tea. In this interview series let the stories of these fearless folk educate and entertain, and deliver you a dose of daily inspiration. These real people doing really amazing things, encourage us all to wake up to the “now” and do something momentous with our lives.
Join Samovar Tea Lounge founder Jesse Jacobs as he shares good tea with friends, some famous and some not, but all of them inspiring and unique. Featured guests include best selling authors Dr. Andrew Weil, Tim Ferriss, Chip Conley, and Dean Karnazas, tech entrepreneur and Digg.com founder Kevin Rose, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh, craigslist.orgfounder Craig Newmark, and others.