Tea with Chip Conley: Monkey Picked Iron Goddess of Oolong, Nocturnal Bliss
Chip and I sit down for some dinner and tea to chat about the relationship between psychology (Abraham Maslow) and work (Joie de Vivre and Samovar). How Maslow’s “hierarchy of needs” can be applied to the workplace for not only more bottom line profit, but perhaps more importantly, for positive culture and joy (which incidentally help boost profit).
Note: this video is edited to 10 minutes, but you can listen to the full 50-minute audio interview on iTunes.
- What business are you in?
- Business as the most powerful vehicle for change in the world
- What is self actualization and why we need it
- How and why to “lose yourself”
- How do find your calling
- Peak (link to http://amzn.to/l1smAj)
- Abraham Maslow (http://amzn.to/kWp9Im)
- The Essential Drucker (http://amzn.to/k96Tal)
- Joie de Vivre (http://www.jdvhotels.com/)
About Samovar Stories
Tea brings people together, and Samovar brings people to tea. In this interview series let the stories of these fearless folk educate and entertain, and deliver you a dose of daily inspiration. These real people doing really amazing things, encourage us all to wake up to the “now” and do something momentous with our lives.
Join Samovar Tea Lounge founder Jesse Jacobs as he shares good tea with friends, some famous and some not, but all of them inspiring and unique. Featured guests include best selling authors Dr. Andrew Weil, Tim Ferriss, Chip Conley, and Dean Karnazas, tech entrepreneur and Digg.com founder Kevin Rose, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh, craigslist.orgfounder Craig Newmark, and others.