When the weather gets hot, Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade chills the palette and calms the mind. It’s one of the best-sellers at our Tea Lounges, but for years we’ve held the recipe as a closely-guarded secret. Take a look as we lay bare our coveted Iced Tea recipe.
Fresh and uplifting, the floral notes of real jasmine flowers and clear, bright flavor of our organic green tea adds sophistication to this humble summer drink. Serve at your next dinner party or summer picnic, or add your favorite liquor to turn it into a cocktail.
Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
- Bring 16 cups (1 gallon) of water to a boil and let it sit for 10 minutes until the water cools to about 190 degrees F.
- Stir in ¾ cup raw sugar and ½ cup Samovar Organic Jasmine Green Tea.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the tea leaves, pouring the tea into a one gallon pitcher filled ¼ full with ice.
- Stir until the ice melts, then add 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve with with ice in the Vivid Brewpot or the Tall Vivid Brewpot, and garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lemon.
Tea Lemonade tastes great with other teas as well. Try blends with stronger flavors to complement the citrus, such as.